Homemade, natural andhealthy cooking as well as organically grown ingrediences are the main characteristic of the cuisine in the Sarajevo – Romanija region.
Cottages and fireplaces have become a frequent feature of facilities where guests are offered dishes prepared to old, almost forgotten recipes of our grandparents.
- Veral or lamb roasted with poetatoes in iron pan in the fire
- Lamb cooked in milk
- Grilled lamb
- Barbequed meat with smoked bacon, onions, mushrooms
- Cicvara, freshly ground maize flower cooked on kajmak, with or without honey
- Kalja cabbage or other vegetable cooked with meat
- Charcouterie, meat smoked in traditional way
- Various kinds of savoury pies
- Dairy produce milk, sour milk, kajmak, cheese
- Game (roasted in iron pan in the fire, stews)
- Mushrooms specialities
- Forest berries black currants, strawberries, raspberries, blackberies, cherries etc